- With automated deployment we can safely scale existing kite turbines to 50kW and ensure smooth 24x7 operation.
- The 50kW systems will have the lowest cost of energy in the small turbine wind market.
- Supplying a reliable product at this scale will enable the company to continue to investigate larger scale kite turbines
- Multiple lines and multiple anchors avoid single point failures. Back lines stop breakaways.
- Kite Turbines still function even if a line breaks.
- Kites stacked in networks share the same working lines this reduces the amount of drag per kite.
A kite turbine has less line drag than any other airborne wind energy system.
Stacking means we have more kites on a line = Less line drag per kite.
Safe to operate
Kite turbines can fly under 30m above ground - making them the only CAA ANO CAP393 compliant airborne wind energy system. Every part of a Kite Turbine is networked with multiple connections, nothing can break free.
Our multiline torque transmission system is incredibly lightweight and capable.
The dynamics were first described by Ollie during his PhD in Strathclyde.
You can build and test Turbines <1kW yourself.
Patent Published and Still Developing.
This technology has huge potential benefits in our climate crisis. We need you onboard, We can do great things working together.
You can build and test Turbines <1kW.
The software used to control Daisy Kite turbine can be found on our GitHub. Our early designs (mechanically autonomous and <1kW) are freely available on Hackaday and registered as open source hardware with OSHWA